Can I just share something with you guys for one minute?
This past year has been pretty tough...lately I have been feeling like God had forsaken/forgotten about me. (I know so many of you feel the same way)
Lot's of little things and some big things have led to this way of thinking and feeling in spite of my efforts to hold onto my faith.
I believe part of my inability to stand stronger during my hard times is because of the loss of my mama and a crumbling marriage after man...y years of investing much.
Lately, I have had to rely on others to supply my needs (never comfortable) and me having a huge sweet tooth and a love for Dr. Peppers, well in my selfish little girl way, I would just about lose my salvation over not having those two things (ha ha)
Some days I post on my facebook much like I do a diary and simply mark it "Only Me" and today was one of those days where I just released all of my problems and worries onto the Lord and boldly stated that I was done trying to fight to control what was going on in my life. I claimed all of God's promises for myself as one of His children.
Then I scrolled through some of my friends posts and prayed for those requesting such and sympathized with some of my other friends who were posting about a loss of a mutual friend, Dimebag Darryl back in 2004, listened to some music, etc.
Out of the blue there was the doorbell...one of my neighbors had walked over to give me this plate of cookies that she had handmade. As I thanked her, we talked for a bit and I mentioned how I wasn't sure how much longer we would be neighbors due to my finances.
Not only did God provide me with my sweet tooth fix but he also gave me a different perspective on the loss of my home...she said that her husbands parents were getting along in years and they had been trying to find a home nearby that would make things easier on everybody when the time comes that they're not as able to care for themselves and said that my home would be perfect.
All this to say that if God showed me that He hadn't forgotten about me even to the point of a plate of cookies AND He gave me the ability to more easily let go of something (my home) if need be for Him to be able to bless someone else, who am I to question when and who He decides to give to or take away from.
I'm ashamed of myself and super humbled to say the least, but very thankful that He took the time to give me these revelations and if He did it for me He can and will do it for you too!!
Don't give up!
© Cassandra McElyea – Author Don't Give Up! 2015
All Rights Reserved
P.O. Box 401 Van Alstyne, TX 75495
No comments:
Post a Comment